For our client in Antwerp, we are looking for a Project Engineer.
- The role reports to the Senior Project Manager. The role responsibilities include:
- To support the Project Delivery Team Engineering Manager, in the performance of his/her duties, deputising as required.
- Work closely with the Execute contractor to ensure that all Project Engineering issues are properly resolved in a timely manner, that design changes are managed correctly, and that the facilities comply with all Project One and statuatory requirements and Stakeholder expectations.
- Monitor design and procurement work performed by the Execute Contractors and other third party designers/vendors, providing oversight and guidance, ensuring that all work satisfies Project One specifications and standards
- Oversee the work of the Document Controllers and the document flow from contractors, vendors, and other stakenholders to the Project Delivery Team and vice versa to support the project progress and quality requirements.
- Excellent team player
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Strong planning and organizing ability
- Highly motivated, achievement oriented
- Ability to interface effectively with people of all levels, both internal and third parties, and with wide ranging cultural backgrounds
- Able to define and prioritize issues and then solve the problems through networking with other team members or external sources
- Innovative, with an eye for identifying opportunities to reduce costs and challenge the status quo
- Good understanding of business drivers and ability to align design philosophies
- Broad estimating skills and practical understanding of costs (capital, operating, life cycle)
- Willing and flexibility to travel
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
It would be advantageous you would also have the following background work experience:
- Major project experience with strong design engineering/procurement background and a broad understanding of multiple disciplines and their interfaces
- Proven track record of delivering leading SHE performance
- Experience of supervising work in a Contractor’s Design Office
- Experience of field engineering and/or construction on a major Construction Site.
Specific Role Requirements:
- Degree qualified and chartered or equivalent in appropriate engineering discipline.
- More than 15 years’ experience in Engineering role it Oil and gas or Petrochemical setting. Operations experience would be a significant advantage.
- Seasoned and experienced Engineer.
- Work will be based in Contractors office but occasional travel to other locations in Europe will be required.