For our client, based in Antwerp, we are looking for a welding engineer.
The Site Inspector, regardless of discipline, functions as a member of the Project Inspection Quality Assurance Team.
Each discipline inspector will monitor, assess and verify quality inspection activities performed by the Engineering,
Procurement and Construction (EPC) Contractor(s) on the Project.
The Site Inspector (SI) will be expected to assist the Contractor to successfully implement its approved Quality Plan, ITPs and control procedures to ensure the equipment and
materials supplied to and installed at the job site meet all specification and statutory requirements.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to all Level 1 and 2 tasks and responsibilities,
• Provide expertise to site team to avoid/resolve quality problems
• Attend and contribute to kick-off, preinspection and alignment meetings as necessary
• Confirm readiness to work, including evaluating the status of key documents
• Monitor Contractor’s and Suppliers’ quality assurance and quality control activities
• Perform assessments of the Contractor’s and Suppliers’ quality processes and procedures
• Perform inspections and verifications during construction and/or fabrication activities in accordance with requirements of the Inspection and Test Plans
• Witness Contractor’s activities and endorse Contractor’s and Suppliers’ quality records, as appropriate
• Witness acceptance tests and perform final quality check prior to acceptance of equipment and materials, as appropriate
• Steward nonconformance within scope of responsibility
• Provide early warning of potential quality problems
• Experience executing quality assurance/control of engineering, procurement, or construction activities
• Technical training or high school diploma.
• Technical discipline certifications commensurate with work experience.
• Willing and able to business travel (domestic/overseas) to project sites to provide various levels of support
• Candidate must be able to integrate well into team, accept decisions, quickly learn job specification and function effectively Dutch speaking, site experience