The tasks and assignments of a safety coordinator (design and realization) include those described in the Royal Decree of 25/01/2001 (including amendments), in particular articles 11 and 22 and in the Welfare Act in the Royal Decree of 8/08/1996.
In addition, as an expert in the subject, he/she advises the project team on their legal duties in the broad sense. The safety coordinator will provide regular feedback on the cooperation and coordination of the parties involved. To this end, the safety coordinator takes the initiative to determine, together with the project manager(s), which information he/she must have access to in order to properly carry out his assignment (feed documents, specifications, planning, quotations, studies,…). They also determine in mutual consultation which meetings, inspections and site visits the safety coordinator must participate to, among other things, in order to record the project choices made in the HSE plan (safety, health & environment plan), coordination diary and the post-intervention file.
- Determine, in consultation with the main contractor(s) and the OWNER, at which critical stages of the project the safety coordinator must be present on the construction site;
- Review instructions and detailed engineering documentation of the main contractor(s) in function of the area of coordination tasks and planning (access roads, environmental restrictions, utilities, increased risks, …);
- Instruct how the site organization/the policy with regard to access control, layout and circulation plan, registrations (Check-In@Wok, …) should be organized, taking into account a.o. the existing plant in operation;
- Indicate which measures should be taken w.r.t. the storage of goods, equipment and materials;
- Set up the procedures for controlling the waste flows;
- Set up safety procedures and procedures in case of emergency situations;
- Checking the conformity of the parts of (relevant) quotations, as referred to in Article 30 second paragraph of the Royal Decree, with the provisions of the safety and health plan.
- Participate in the weekly safety meeting and safety inspections on site;
- Regularly organizing a meeting of the coordination structure;
- Supporting OWNER’s prevention advisor in his duties; Supervising the safety, health and environment on the construction site (access control, behaviour code, specific safety measures of the implementation methods …);
- Monitor any interference with the existing Plant and surrounding projects;
- Supervising the timing and work method of certain activities in function of the site situation;
- Monitor order and cleanliness (accessibility of the site, site and evacuation routes, handling of materials, waste and equipment, maintenance and inspection of installations, equipment and accessories, demarcation of work shops, site areas and storage areas).
- The Safety Coordinator Design & Realization Level A has to comply to the requirements described in articles 56 till 65 of the Royal Decree of 25/01/2001 (including amendments).
- He/she has a minimum experience of 5 years in similar projects (reference list to be provided). Examples of coordination documents might be provided as well.
- He/she has a good knowledge of the Dutch & English language. Other languages are considered as a plus.
- He/she is pragmatic and practical, is very communicative and efficient. A resultu0002oriented service is paramount.
- He/she takes a civil liability insurance.
- Een boeiende job met de nodige verantwoordelijkheid
- Persoonlijke opvolging in je professionele bezigheden
- De mogelijkheid om verder te groeien in je vakgebied
- Een correct salaris aangevuld met extralegale voorwaarden (freelancers komen ook in aanmerking)
- De kans om deel te nemen aan spraakmakende projecten