For one of our clients in Antwerp, we’re looking for a Quantity Surveyor.
• To be the first point of contact for construction contractors in terms of quantities, unit rate prices and applicability of prices. The construction works being performed will be predominantly civil works.
• To check quantities and prices of the accounts submitted by contractors for works performed.
• To provide the verified details of unit rate accounts to be included in the monthly Provisional Payment Certificates issued to contractors for invoicing.
• To conduct regular site visits to verify accounts submitted for check reflect the reality on site.
• To assist the contract specialist in estimating the value of additional works when initiated by the client and the evaluation of the submitted quotes received from contractors.
• To provide assistance to the estimating and cost control departments for the evaluation of costs for performed and future works, spending trends, etc,….
• To tabulate and provide justification / benchmarking for the approval of new unit rate prices.
• To perform spot check names of contractor personnel mentioned on timesheets against the gate entry reports or any other means of personnel registration.
• To liaise on a daily basis with the Site construction team members to understand where works are being performed and to seek, where necessary, additional information / clarification on the reasoning for additional works, status of changes, etc,…
• To track the monthly and cumulative quantities of all works performed and the associated costs.
• To provide unit rate progress financial input into the monthly report which is assembled by the Contract Specialist for approval by the Contract Manager before distribution.
• Education: qualified engineer (preferably civil)
• Minimum five years’ experience as a quantity surveyor or subcontract administrator on construction projects
• Good technical and administration capabilities
• Team player