For our Client in the Netherlands (Zoetemeer), we are looking for an Project Control engineer.
- Maintaining the schedules baselines of the furnaces – during the project(furnace module) life and coordinate schedule with the lead planner ( and eventually with the contractor)
- Inspecting, monitoring and validating Project Controls activities with support of the Project Controls Manager.
- Possessing a detailed understanding of the furnace critical path, and near critical path activities at all times, proactively communicating them.
- Publishes and reports furnaces project progress
- Possessing a good understanding of the furnace cost status – baselines, underruns, overruns and invoices. Liaison for reporting of actual cost commitments, spending and forecasting of the furnace package
- Ensuring project controls data, content and format, provided by all contractors, sub-contractors and suppliers meets or exceeds the Ineos reporting requirements.
- Working to influence productivity, efficiency and effectiveness of all contractor activities. Looking for opportunities for cost reductions and schedule acceleration.
Level of education & Experience in general
- A Bachelor of Science degree in a technical discipline, or equivalent, is preferred
- 5- 10 years experience in planning a process industry production and/or engineering environment with large (>$300-500MM ) capital project management experience; Experience in planning, as lead planner.
- Candidate is now developing to a role of project controls lead and has gained knowledge on cost management
- Experience in managing reimbursable contracts, possibly in modules fabrication and/or with Technip.
- Possibly travel to Asia to furnace fabrication yard (10%-20% of time)
- Good understanding of chemical engineering and chemical plant operations and project engineering.
- Master in use of Primavera P6.
- Possibly Project Management Professional certified and have sufficient working knowledge of cost management to do the liaison with the lead cost engineer and the PCM
- Excellent communication
- Demonstrated team worker