For our client based in Antwerp we are looking for an experienced cost engineer who is willing to travel and move abroad.
The Lead Cost Engineer will manage and provide cost engineering services to control the cost of the project until the end of the construction. This will encompass all aspects of Engineering, Procurement and Construction costs, with a focus on Reimbursable cost management.
- Manage and ensure tasks are adequately performed in line with Program Procedures by the ECR Cost Engineer.
- Control and be responsible for the management of Personnel Approval Forms (PAFs) for mobilising/demobilising the different contractor’s personnel.
- Assist Scheduler and Project Controls Manager in ad hoc project controls duties as required.
- Ensure that all costs incurred are included in the total project cost and in line with the Work Breakdown Structure, following company Code of Accounts.
- Report expenditure and commitments against the approved Control Budget and ensure trends and any forecast impacts are defined and where possible mitigated.
- Interface with the EPCm contractors and ensure cost data information and KPIs are being performed in accordance with the contract.
- Ensure that cost risk analysis is performed and applied to forecasting activities.
- Ensure management of change documentation, whether from EPCm Contractor or internally, is properly completed and cost impacts are defined and mitigated where possible.
- Support the auditing efforts by the banker’s engineers chartered by the external financing institutions.
- A Bachelor degree in a technical discipline, or equivalent, is preferred but not essential, depending on experience.
- A minimum of 15 years experience in a process industry production and/or engineering environment with large (>$100MM) capital project management experience. Mega-project experience (>$1000MM) preferred.
- Thorough working knowledge of Project Controls practices.
- Good understanding of chemical engineering and chemical plant operations and project engineering, quantity surveying.
- Good financial skills: cost classification, cost type, cost accounting, project performance measurement, forecasting, project change management.
- Good working knowledge of cost management tools like EcoSys & SAP preferred, excellent Microsoft Office skills essential.