For one of our clients, we’re looking for an electrical engineer to enhance the strength and integrity of the business unit and to ensure technical quality and the application of practical, operable and innovative technology by the engineering contractors.
Your main roles and responsibilities as electrical engineer include:
- Providing safety leadership, enforcing the clients Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) policies, procedures and objectives to ensure that designs are inherently safer, risks are reduced to ALARP, and HSE requirements are satisfied;
- Providing evaluation of project designs against STPs and you provide technical leadership on statements of requirements.
- Providing process safety, inherently safe design, and risk management input through CVP stages, in compliance with IM and CoW requirements.
- Supporting development of designs according to the established STPs.
- Utilizing existing value improving practices.
As an electrical engineer you’re responsible for interfacing with the EPMS engineers and other engineering contractor engineers. You provide strategies for continuous improvement and standardization.
The electrical engineer is accountable for delivering engineering and technical support on a specific project or program and you will take direction for those deliverables from the specific project organization.
Programs will be maintained regarding process, procedures, and standards to use on the project or program.
You, as Electrical Engineer will act as the engineering representative on a project which is related to your discipline.
You provide the following:
- Technical design basis and requirements for Appraise level project planning.
- Technical endorsement of Appraise level project planning
- Specific technical and engineering input to the SOR, BOD, PEP, DSP, VIPs and overall project execution.
You ensure that technical design philosophies and strategies are aligned with SOR, BOD and SPU STPs.
The electrical engineer delivers timely input and review of engineering documents, process and QA of contractor design.
You also initiate MoC based on any change to engineering design after freezing of scope of work.
As an electrical engineer you monitor and provide feedback on adherence to the plan via reporting.
You implement input from the Field Operations team into the design to support the design freeze process.
You use project baseline for look ahead planning with discipline counterparts and intervene as required.
- Approve technical content of requisitions and technical bid evaluation.
- Ensure the proper discipline engineering QA has been executed according to the QA / QC plan.
- Perform competency assessment of engineering contractors lead engineers.
- Participate in regular risk management reviews to identify and / or modifying additional or existing risks.
- Provide data and documentation for commissioning in accordance with GOC. Provide input to capture lessons learned and enter them into the knowledge management / empirical databases / shared learning system at the conclusion of each stage.
You’re a registered professional engineer with at least a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a related discipline.
You’re fluent in English.
- An exciting job with the necessary responsibility
- Personal follow-up in your professional activities
- The opportunity to grow further in your field
- A correct salary supplemented with extra legal conditions (freelancers are also eligible)
- The chance to participate in high-profile projects
For more information, contact Ward Rombouts at +32 483 76 19 31 or at firstname.lastname@example.org