We are looking for an construction manager in Antwerp with a civil background.
• Supervise and coordinate the activities of construction supervisors and engineers within assigned areas.
• Provide daily supervisory surveillance checks and records, ensuring that contractors’ management and supervision are providing safe working conditions and permitting procedures, protective equipment, experienced/qualified supervision and manpower, with reliable, well-maintained equipment to execute the contracted works as per contract schedule and targets.
• Routinely study, check, review and validate the discipline scope of work against the appropriate contract requisition to ensure the contractors correctly interpret and comply with the latest revision AFC drawings, quantities, and specifications.
• Ensure proper control of changes by issuing FI’s for all changes, reviewing TQ’s to ensure responses are appropriate and practical.
• In conjunction with other discipline superintendents ensure contractor interfaces are both coordinated and planned to allow effective take-over by follow-on contractors, and efficient access to work areas and job faces.
• Utilise weekly coordination meetings with other discipline superintendents to provide logical progress and target completions as per the contract schedule and daily work plan. Ensure that area/handover documentation is available, and relevant.
• In conjunction with other discipline superintendents ensure contractor interfaces are both coordinated and planned to provide logical progress and target completions as per the contract schedule and daily work plan.
• Ensure that contractors survey and accept their work areas and commence contracted works within schedule time requirements, mobilising supervision, materials and equipment in practical logical sequences.
• Ensure that contractors working on site have temporary facilities, equipment and hand tools etc. that are fully capable of supporting contractors site needs in the execution of contracted works to meet schedule completions
• Agree the extent and location of lay-down and workshop areas, access routes and material receipt, preservation and storage procedures with contractors’ management and supervision.
• Ensure contractors dimensional control methods for checking that all works are properly set out and satisfactory. Supervise specialist surveying contractors when necessary.
• Ensure all quality control checks and tests are instigated, with records maintained and available as required for concrete mix design, batching operations, concrete pour, foundation release, grouting release, area release etc., all in accordance with contractors’ agreed ITP, method statements and project specifications. Where applicable supervise the testing laboratory.
• Ensure effective control and design of all falseworks, shuttering and formworks. Check that access roads/routes and equipment are in accordance with practical temporary works procedures and calculations. Where necessary, ensure competent technical review of temporary works design etc.
• Civil background due to the large civil scope for the Admin buildings and the WWT
• Belgium based contract.
• Dutch native speaking due to Belgium Legislations requirement for the Admin building.
• Travel to Madrid for engineering and construction reviews for WWT.
• Minimum 10 years working in Petrochemical Industry.