For our client in Antwerp we are looking for a Quality controller with a civil background.
• Working with a team of project engineers act as focal point with the Execute contractor for the Outside Battery limit scope (OSBL) to ensure that the project cost, schedule and quality remain on track.
• Engaged as a Clients Representative supporting the Project Construction Manager Quality Control Manager on a range of civil work activities including UG Piping Systems, Piling, Buildings and Steel Structure Installation on a New Green Field Project in Antwerp duties include but not limited to
• Reviewing and Approving Contractors Quality Control Plans and ensure that the tests, controls and inspections are carried out according to Quality Control Plans/Inspection Test Plans
• Monitoring contractor’s construction material is correctly received, stored, preserved and handled and assessments and recordings of inspection and properly documented.
• Ensure that materials are correctly identified and traceable,
• Check that documents certifying tests, controls and inspections are carried out and ensure their orderly collection and management.
• Check procedures and equipment to be used in tests, controls and inspections and agrees on the applicable operating procedures with the organization in charge of the works.
• Ensure the availability of updated inspection, control and test reports, for the purpose of approvals of mechanically completed plant systems.
• Verify that the tests, controls and inspections are carried out by the contractors, check conformity with the Site Quality like FDT and asphalt core tests.
• Collaborate in the preparation of the QA/QC discipline dossier for final mechanical completions handover, including implementation and application of the database/spread sheet for Quality inspection and test report tracking and registration.
• Provide specialist discipline support to the Site Construction Manager & Quality Control Manager
• Excellent team player
• Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
• Strong planning and organizing ability
• Highly motivated, achievement oriented
• Ability to interface effectively with people of all levels, both internal and third parties, and with wide ranging cultural backgrounds
• Able to define and prioritize issues and then solve the problems through networking with other team members or external sources
• Willing and flexibility to travel
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
• 15 years experienced in the installation of UG Piping Systems, Piling, Buildings and Steel Structure Installation.
• Familiar with NBN-EN, BS, ASTM International codes, and specifications and procedures. As per ITP witness the site work stage by stage.
• Excellent report writing, business and technical correspondence and data analysis skills.
• Positively acting and participate in all health and safety issues at site, as required by the project Safety Representative. Must comply with HSE management site requirements
• Coordination with site construction Engineers, Consultants, Clients team on all Quality issues and attending the quality site management meetings.
• Witness for ITP including any HOLD points Tests on behalf of Owner at site.
• Report writing