For one of our clients in Antwerp, we’re looking for a CAD Designer / Drafter.
Develop and maintain 2D CAD drawings (e.g. PFD’s, P&ID’s, One-Lines, General Layouts for all disciplines, Plans, Sections and Details, etc.) using software such as AutoCAD (required), Microstation and/or SmartSketch.
In addition to technical ability, they should demonstrate sound communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
•Transforms complex rough product designs into
working documents using computer aided design
• Develop computer generated drawings, isometrics, details, plans, schedules, and data sheets.
• Prepare dimensional drawings for layouts and nondimensional drawings such as one lines, etc.
•Revises drawings based on instructions from engineers, etc.
• Communicate effectively and work with other members of the design team of each individual project assignment. Interface management across disciplines.
• Document control support, database administration, and progress reporting.
•Coordination and communication of various issues among the company and contractor’s engineering team that affect the discipline engineering drawings.
•Keep Supervisor informed of discipline engineering progress, deviations, and execution concerns
•Support internal engineering general interest or
Global Practice initiatives as requested by Supervisor
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Previous experience in a closely related position
• Associates degree in Drafting or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school
• General knowledge of 2D CAD software AutoCAD/Microstation/SmartSketch
• Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
• Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical and business communications